Saturday, January 17, 2015

My First Commissioned T-Shirt Quilt

I am both excited and slightly terrified to start working on my first commissioned T-Shirt Quilt. It is my first commissioned quilt ever! I am super excited about reaching this milestone. Yes, I realize that it may seem like a small milestone, but to me it is huge! I would love to be able to sell quilts. I know that there are some women who are very successful at this, but I think to the rest of us in quilt-land this seems impossible. I have never let the impossible or the word 'No' get in my way so here we go!


Now I just have to cut into Jesse's precious T-Shirts. Eeek, and I thought it was hard to cut into my own! This quilt is being made for one of my dear friend's boyfriends. I have a feeling he will like whatever I make him, but it is still a little nerve-racking! Here's to going for it! What have you all decided to go for this week?



I have only made one other T-shirt quilt and that one was for me. (Shown above) It is the only quilt that I have kept. Isn't it funny how we spend so much time and rarely keep our quilts?



Last but not least a slap on the back for me, because I actually managed to machine bind a project!! Cute little table runner that I get to keep!

Linking up to Sew Darn Crafty!





No comments:

Post a Comment