Sunday, November 2, 2014

To The Point Quilt

Hi friends!!  

I know I have been gone FOREVER! I swear that I am back now. I was gone for good reason at least, like fire season, surgery, moving back to Flagstaff, and setting up my quilting room. Yes, thats right I said, Quilting Room. I am sooo excited to have my own personal space to create in. Well mostly I am excited to not have to clean up my sewing to cook and eat dinner on my kitchen table. That and being able to shut a door so no one has to see my mess. Because lets be real, thats the true reason we all want a room to quilt in.


Today I cut the fabric for my first project in the new quilt room. I choose to do the V and Co. To the Point pattern in the teal and green colors. I am so excited that teal is very popular right now because I love all things teal and turquoise! Needless to say I was excited to start this project. Surprise, it is going to be a baby quilt for some good friends of mine!



I was very hesitant to cut into this fabric. I know it probably seems odd, because I just had to follow the straight lines between the colors. It proved to be a lot easier than I had imagined. 


I did notice that it helped to keep the edge of the fabric straight along one of matt lines. When I first started cutting I assumed I could just use my ruler along the fabric line. Turns out it helps your accuracy to keep the fabric straight.....This is where everyone says, "Duh Maggie" but alas I am still learning. 


Now my stack of fabric is all ready to be cut into little triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment