Ta-da! This is a commissioned T-shirt quilt for my friend Jesse! It always seems daunting to pic fabrics for guy quilts, but I actually found some I like. I just hope my quilting goes as well as the piecing.
I pieced the back with extra T-shirts and fabric. I wasn't originally going to put in the sashing along the T-shirts, but I realized I needed a few extra inches. The charcoal fabric is going to be the binding. Lucky me that I bought extra. Side note, I am really in love with charcoal these days.
I even incorporated my logo into the piecing. This is the first time that I have tried this. I am in love!
I was really nervous about lining up my quilt back and top correctly when basting. I busted out a technique that was shown to me a few years ago. Place pins halfway down all four sides of both the back and the top. Then line those up when you lay out your quilt to baste. So far it looks like it worked!
I decided to also quilt in grey. These were the options that I had on hand.
So far I am liking the quilting! Let's hope I don't mess it up too badly. Sure is nice quilting with my big desk and Juki!