Thursday, December 12, 2013

Climbing Rope Door Mat

I have had this old climbing rope for years. It has literally been put into storage three times! When I moved to AZ I gave myself and ultimatum, either make it into a rug or throw it away. So that night I googled it and made it. Here are some photos!

I followed directions here.

Need:
Old climbing rope
Staple Gun
Caulk, super strong glue, or some really strong/durable sticky something!
Duct tape


Ok so some directions say use needle and thread to hold your rope together as you turn in around into a spiral. I say nonsense! Use a staple gun! But use lots of staples. My first attempt didn't stay flat. I wound the rope too tight and didn't use enough staples!



Then cover with glue. I used a piece of cardboard to spread it around. Make sure you get it in the cracks!!


Let dry over night. Then cover the bottom with duct tape. I know it is lame, but it does need a little extra on the bottom. I think they are best for indoors not out. 


And voila ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment