Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WIP: Star Baby Quilt

Here is my WIP for this week. I am so excited about it! This is my first attempt at HST and I am so happy with the result!


Only three more seams and then the border!!

The red in the middle is really a pink, darn iphone photos !!

I just signed up for the free Craftsy Class for the 2012 BOM Sampler Quilt. I checked out a couple of the videos today and learned a great new pinning technique! It helped me get almost perfect points for the my HST! So Excited!!

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for Work In Progress Wednesday! 

10 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Love the colours you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HSTs are so versatile. This looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! i love the pop of color in the middle

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty and such pretty colors! It looks almost like the Star Surround :)

    Stopping by from Lee's hop
    http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/01/wip-wednesday-jan-22nd.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to dislike HST, but they're starting to grow on me. This is a great pattern, I like how it bursts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to look so awesome! Also, I feel your pain with the iphone photos. I made a paper pieced purple dragon and no matter what lighting I used, my iphone decided to make the dragon blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely first foray into HSTs! Be careful though... they're addictive. I have an entire board on Pinterest devoted to them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really fabulous quilt, I just love how dramatic it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the kind words ladies!! I cannot wait to show it to you all when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks awesome! Nice job for first time HSTs!

    ReplyDelete