Sunday, December 21, 2014

Looking Back, Flying Foward

Last night I finished piecing all the of the flying geese for my next quilt. For me these pieces are special. They are the first flying geese that I have ever made. I am so happy and proud of myself. Four years ago I never imagined that I would actually be the quilter that I am today. I am self taught and the early stages of my quilting were filled with many meltdowns and having absolutely no idea what I was doing. Then I only ever dreamed of being able to make something like flying geese. Now not only did I make them, but I knew what I was doing!



I think that I may really like flying geese! I know that they are time consuming, but I love the simple classic elegance of them. I foresee a lot of flying geese quilts in my future!

Especially since I have the Bloc-Loc flying geese ruler! I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely love my Bloc-Loc rulers! I have a flying geese and a HST ruler and they are amazing. Now if only the rulers would trim all 168 flying geese blocks for me....


I will need to come up with something for all of my tiny triangle scraps? What do you all do with your triangle scraps?


Last but not least, Happy Hanukah everyone! It has been such a treat to sew with my menorah in front of me. So far no wax has dripped on my project, but there are more nights to go!





2 comments:

  1. I read of others who find the Bloc Loc rulers excellent too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with them! Completely and totally! If you haven't tried one I recommend them. I have a HST and a FG and they both are awesome!

      Delete